Adding a bit of style and classical appeal to the interior of the house is everyone’s wish, irrespective of the size of the house, or the individual’s own style choice. This is compounded and made more serious by the fact that there are now more options for what one can do with their interior, than ever before.
There are a number of items and fittings that a homeowner can choose from, in order to add that vital style factor, and for the informed owner, it is not difficult to see what would go well with what, when it comes to decoration.
Venetian Blinds: A Style Statement for the Ages
Venetian blinds have been used for many, many years in the homes of people worldwide. While they may have originated in certain parts of the world, their obvious appeal and practicality has made them perhaps the most popular window covering.
The Origin of Venetian Blinds
While it is accepted and known that Venetian blinds are versatile and useful, and they are known the world over; their origin is surprisingly less known. Contrary to what the name would suggest, Venetian blinds did not originate in Venice. In fact, they were first conceived in Persia, which is modern day Iran, and they were brought back by traders to Venice, who would trade in such materials.
As Venetian houses are known to have a classical style to them that is rarely seen in other parts of the world, it is easy to see how the style of window covering could catch on so rapidly.
Advantages of Venetian Blinds
Following are some of the advantages of having Venetian blinds in your home.
- Venetian blinds can come in a variety of sizes and they can be fit on just about any window, even circular ones. As they do not have a very complex mechanism, they can be installed in windows that would otherwise require custom coverings, due to their shape and size.
- Venetian blinds are naturally versatile. Their design allows for a number of applications, and they can create a subtle balance between incoming light control and privacy control. When closed, they can shield the room from outside light in such a way that almost no light comes in. When some outside light is desired, they can simply be pulled up.
- They can be made with a variety of materials. While their beginnings lie with wood, and wooden blinds were initially used in homes, one can get Venetian blinds in more conservative materials as well. Plastic blinds can be very light and durable, while still serving their due purpose. Metal blinds can be good as well, as most metals used in the manufacture of blinds is very light and stiff. Aluminium alloys are usually the best choice, due to their poor heat conducting properties.
- They do not require much maintenance. The design of Venetian blinds allows for durability and structural integrity that can be maintained without much effort on the owner’s part. Only requiring cleaning and dusting from time to time, Venetian blinds can last a very long time in any home.
- They are very stylish and appealing, especially when chosen in a material and a finish that goes well with the other features of the house. Venetian blinds have classically been known for being very suited to classical interior fittings, especially when done in wood.
Install Venetian blinds in your house today, and reap all the benefits of having a stylish yet convenient window covering.