Terms & Conditions
- 1. Upon acceptance of these terms either by a signature and or a deposit paid, a binding contract is entered into between the Client and Empire Window Furnishings. (Hereafter represented by Empire Window Furnishings) not withstanding Empire Window Furnishings right of non-acceptance due to errors and omissions.
- 2. Quotations provided by Empire Window Furnishings are valid for 30 days from date on quote and may be subject to change after that time. Accepted orders are subject to change upon final check measure by Empire Window Furnishings. Empire Window Furnishings reserves the right of non-acceptance at any time.
- 3. Completion date is an estimate only and subject to material availability. No responsibility will be accepted for delays as stated in clause 20. No compensation will be paid for any delays.
- 4. Client to make access to the works available between 7.00am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday or as otherwise agreed.
- 5. Client accepts that any powder coat colours and brand stated on this quote are as per the client's selection and that Empire Window Furnishings takes no responsibility for shade variations.
- 6. Empire Window Furnishings accepts no responsibility for material variations such as colour, grain, rippling, shrinkage or changes in length and Empire Window Furnishings shall not be liable in any way for loss or damage suffered as a consequence thereof.
- 7. Whilst every attempt will be made by Empire Window Furnishings to ensure that the products sold and delivered match samples or products on display in showrooms, any minor or material variation or change in colour or grain between the sample and the goods delivered shall not entitle the client to reject the goods nor to claim any compensation for such variation or change.
- 8. Empire Window Furnishings strive to achieve the highest standard possible in the manufacture and installation of products which have been purchased and all work will be carried out as directed by Empire Window Furnishings unless specific instructions are written on this agreement or actual written specifications are given to Empire Window Furnishings by the client at point of sale.
- 9. Client acknowledges that Empire Window Furnishings staffs are not qualified colour consultants or interior decorators- any suggestions or recommendations are their opinions only and the client takes responsibility for the choice of materials or products ordered.
- 10. The acceptable standard for imperfections on the final job is- if it is visible with naked eye, in natural daylight at a distance of 1.2 metres, it is not acceptable. If it is not visible with the naked eye, in natural daylight at distance of 1.2 metres it is acceptable.
Terms of payment
- 11. On practical completion (i.e. the majority of the order has been supplied and installed) final payment to the installer is recovering the debt.
- 12. In the event of non-payment, client named overleaf will be liable for all or any legal costs incurred by Empire Window Furnishings in recovering the debt.
- 13. The client hereby acknowledges that the goods and services supplied by Empire Window Furnishings shall remain the property of Empire Window Furnishings until full payment is received. In the event of the client defaulting in any terms of this agreement including the payment of any monies due under this agreement then Empire Window Furnishings shall have the right (without serving notice) to retake possession of the goods supplied to the client by Empire Window Furnishings. The client hereby authorises and allows Empire Window Furnishings representatives, agents or employees to enter premises upon which the goods are housed or stored for the purpose of re-claiming possession and Empire Window Furnishings shall not be liable for any costs, losses, damages, expenses or any other monies or losses suffered by the client as a result of re-claiming possession of the goods.
- 14. If the client is not ready to take delivery of or to have goods installed within four weeks of Empire Window Furnishings notifying client that the goods are to install, the client agrees to pay final payment up to the total value of the purchase price or as otherwise agreed.
- 15. If Empire Window Furnishings advises the customer that the ordered products are ready for installation and the client refuses to accept the products or fails to make arrangement for installation, or if Empire Window Furnishings is unable to contact the client after making reasonable endeavours to do so, the remainder of the selling price shall immediately become payable. Empire Window Furnishings shall be entitled to treat an amount equal to the remainder of the selling price as a judgement debt shall be capable of enforcement as a judgement debt without Empire Window Furnishings taking any further action to obtain a judgement debt against the client.
- 16. The client agrees not to hold Empire Window Furnishings responsible for any delays with supply or installation and agrees not to demand any compensation, whether monetary or otherwise. The client also agrees not to withhold payment if, for any reason, a minor part of a client's order is delayed.
- 17. The client agrees that service of any notices or court documents may be affective forwarded by email, pre-paid post or facsimile to the last known address or facsimile number of the client.
- 18. Empire Window Furnishings shall not be liable for any failure or delay to supply, deliver or install the products where such failure or delay is wholly or partly due to any cause or circumstance whatsoever outside the reasonable control of Empire Window Furnishings.
- 19. Client is required to provide suitable access for all installation inside and outside the house and to remove any obstructions, which could interfere with such installation, or valuables, which could be damaged. If Empire Window Furnishings technician encounters any unforeseen difficulty with access or installation of the products ordered, the client agrees to pay for any additional costs that may arise.
- 20. Clients are responsible for removing any existing window treatments unless other arrangements are made with the sales representative at point of sale.
- 21. Empire Window Furnishings products are made square with some special exception and no responsibility can be accepted by Empire Window Furnishings for any damage to premises or interruption to services where such damage or interruption is a result of circumstances beyond the control of Empire Window Furnishings.
- 22. Whilst every care will be taken when installing products, no responsibility will be accepted by Empire Window Furnishings for any damage to premises or interruption to services where such damage or interruption is a result of circumstances beyond the control of Empire Window Furnishings.
- 23. Empire Window Furnishings guarantees that all our products will be free from defects in components and manufacture for a period of twelve months from the date of installation (excluding shutters) or as otherwise agreed and is mentioned on the contract. This warranty period starts from the date of installation and becomes effective only after full payment has been received. Empire Window Furnishings shall use its best endeavours to pass on the client the benefit of any warranties or guarantees it receives in respect to products or parts thereof supplied to the customer which are not of Empire Window Furnishings manufacture - see our website (www.empire.sydney) for more information about our products guarantee/warranty details.
- 24. In domestic use, all goods supplied are guaranteed against faulty material and faulty workmanship and Empire Window Furnishings will repair or replace at its discretion products or part thereof that prove faulty. Damage caused by accidents or miss-use or colour change resulting from solar or other heat sources are not covered by this warranty. In event, the Empire Window Furnishings technician deems the reported defect is not due to faulty workmanship or material, a call out fee will be charged.
- 25. Due to all of our work being custom made, we do not offer any refunds on services, however, we will work with you to ensure 100% satisfaction is met by the completion of the work.